Our hottest product of 2013!
Our sustainable wine cork coaster kits offer a fun do-it-yourself project! We provide the recycled hardwood coaster frames & instructions; you supply just 8 wine corks for each coaster. They are a great looking way to protect your table & reuse your wine corks! Our favorite part, these hand selected pieces of cherry & maple have been saved from taking up wasteful landfill space.
4 reclaimed wood coasters per kit.
4 Different stains options available (light to dark): honey, merlot, cordovan, ebony
Please see our online store for current selections.
Solid wood coasters measure approx. 5″ x 5″
Each coaster needs 8 wine corks, for a total of 32 per kit. Wine corks not included but are available.
5 Tips for making your coasters!
1. Have a favorite wine that you like to drink? Use 8 similar corks in your coaster! Here we used our two favorite:
2. Oak corks are great for absorbing condensation.
3. Synthetic corks offer a more level surface therefore making them great coasters for wine glasses & other stemware (please note: we recommend more glue with synthetic corks than with the oak corks).
4. Insert a unique cork into your coaster pattern.
5. Check out our making your trivet section for more tips & ideas!